Objective: To assist in the efficient processing of materials that meet the quality standards and specifications of our customers with maximum safety, productivity, and minimum scrap or defects.
- Work directly with other CSI Group employees to maintain a safe, professional, confidential and productive operation
- Identify non-compliant material
- Verify non-compliant rolls have proper labels with reject codes
- Place all non-complaint rolls on designated skid for review
- Cut and tape cores for your shift.
- Follow established methods and procedures to assist operator with equipment and material on large slitters to enhance productivity and minimize scrap and re-winds
- Load jumbo rolls on unwind of machine
- Load and position new cores accurately on rewind
- Apply end tape to finished rolls
- Label finished rolls accurately as specified by work order
- Remove finished rolls from rewind shafts onto unloading trees or cranes.
- Package finished rolls as specified on work order
(Proper size pallet, box, skid pack, labeling, etc.)
- After packaging finished rolls remove pallet from slitting area to finishing area
- Accurately complete all necessary forms as required by company policy
- Keep operating station clean by cleaning, sweeping and other general housekeeping duties
- Follow all safety rules, follow company policy conduct rules at all times, including wearing proper hearing and foot protection
- Perform any other additional duties assigned or as required to maintain a smooth and efficient operation
- Oral and written English language literate
- Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job, employee regularly stands and moves around the machine; uses hand and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls; reaches with hands and arms above the shoulder and below the waist; stoops, kneels or crouches; frequently lifts up to 70 pounds 48 inches high.
- Ability to be trained and certified on company’s forklift program.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment. Employee may work at different workstations or machines as production needs require. The noise level is loud and the temperature is often hot.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.