Objective: Responsible for managing shift production workers conversion of materials, labor and energy into finished goods that meet the expectations of our customers. Assure the shift’s manufacturing process and supporting activities follow standards, policies and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Works directly with other CSI Group. employees to maintain a safe, professional, confidential and productive operation
- Provide day-to-day supervision to ensure safe manufacturing operations produce products that meet customer requirements
- Continuously improve and promote safe work practices and compliance
- Follow manager’s schedule of personnel and equipment run-time for effective utilization meeting customer demand.
- Evaluate staff competencies and execute development/training to improve overall skill level and teamwork
- Identify gaps and drive improvements in productivity, operational effectiveness, service responsiveness & reliability while meeting/exceeding goal metrics
- Develop and maintain an effective employee relations climate, ensuring a progressive, positive, interactive relationship with staff and all other company departments
- Communicate production progress, problems and solutions to manager daily
- Communicate internal/external feedback to team a timely basis
- Participate in employee assessment process providing input to manager
- Work with maintenance department staff to ensure machinery is properly maintained and capable of producing quality products with minimal down time.
- Be a change agent – challenge old ways of doing business and suggest break through improvements
- Oral and written English language literate.
- High school graduate, GED equivalent, or related life experience
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Significant people management experience - ability to influence and motivate others
- Continuous process manufacturing supervision and operations supervision
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills, i.e. ability to listen, comprehend manufacturing opportunities and articulate solutions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Ability to challenge the organization in a manner that maintains trust and respect
- Experience with various business software systems including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- High Energy, passion for excellence, bias for action
- Experience in roll coating and web converting systems
- Experience in the pressure sensitive tape or label printing market
- Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality System
- Engineering or Technical Degree
- Lean Manufacturing relative to facilitating Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work
While performing the duties of this job, employee regularly stands and moves around the building; uses hand and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls; reaches with hands and arms above the shoulder and below the waist; stoops, kneels or crouches; occasionally lifts up to 70 pounds 48 inches high.
Work is performed in a manufacturing environment. Employee may work in different work areas including the production offices. The noise level is loud and the temperature is often hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.