MEC Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Machine Maintenance Technician. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The Machine Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibility is troubleshooting various types of industrial equipment and ensuring Planned Maintenance (PM) procedures are completed. The Technician will also support the creation and documentation of PM procedures.
- Repair CNC Machinery, Manual Machine and Machining Centers
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machine tool equipment and controls such as Fanuc, Alan Bradley, Mazak and Okuma
- Troubleshoot hydraulics, electronics, and software, electrical, pneumatic, robotic and mechanical systems
- Use machine tool manuals, technical documents, and internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Identify and replace parts as necessary
- Complete testing and make adjustments of parts as needed
- Complete planned and preventative procedures
Work based on a sense of urgency with machine down conditions
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED, Associates degree in machine maintenance field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read part manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions and troubleshooting guides
- Familiarity with Okuma and Mazak CNC machinery
- Experience with FANUC, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Alan Bradley and Okuma controls
- Demonstrated high degree of industrial mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical aptitude and repair abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical test equipment, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Ability to multitask
- job duties effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Reading, writing and general math skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group (Team) environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties please apply online and submit resume to http://marvingroup.com/career/adp/
Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 310-674-5030.
Month Long Event (january)