Trump has recently been trying to shut down the US Postal Service. Not only by closing the postal office, but by going to mostly democrat neighborhoods and taking drop boxes to slow down voting. Without drop boxes, many democratic voters will not be able to vote and will allow Trump to control the election. The identities of voters who cast them are harder to verify. Mail-in voting makes voter fraud easier because they can be tampered with. So Trump is using the inability to do the usual in-person voting to his advantage to rig votes. So watch out for this election and remember to vote! Your voice matters!
Here are some tips for voting by mail so that your vote is counted:
All registered voters will be sent a vote-by-mail ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election. Registered voters do not have to apply for a vote-by-mail ballot for this election.
- Fill out your ballot
- After you have voted, insert your ballot in the envelope provided, making sure you complete all required information on the envelope.
- You may return your voted ballot by mail, in person, or to a drop box
- If you are returning your ballot by mail, it must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by your county elections office no later than 17 days after Election Day.
- If you are returning your ballot in person or dropping it in a drop box, it must be delivered no later than the close of polls at 8:00 p.m. on November 3rd.
- Anyone may return your ballot for you, as long as they do not get paid on a per ballot basis. In order for your ballot to be counted, you must fill out the authorization section found on the outside of your ballot envelope.
Article by Kortni Hammond