The Toolmaker III will be responsible for set up and operations of conventional Bridgeports and Lathes used in Manufacturing and Fabrication of aircraft/ military components , this include the capability and experience to use DRO and Prototrack programing.
- Operate and set-up Bridgeport / Engine Lathes and special attachments designed for these machines.
- Able to use and program with Proto Track KMX2 and using DRO’S preferred.
- Capable of using boring heads to dial in close tolerances bores.
- Able to perform basic operations as drilling – boring – reaming –tapping.
- Have a good understanding of fixturing and tooling and be capable of performing setups independently.
- Must be able to work from complex blueprints/drawings and adhere to specified tolerances.
- Uses a variety of measuring instruments to check parts for conformance to tolerance.
- Responsible for the quality of their product and in reporting required Quality data.
- Responsible for meeting established cycle times.
- Utilize ERP system to accurately record labor hours and production quantity.
- Suggests recommendations to Supervisor concerning process improvements.
- Ability to create complicated work holding fixtures.
- Perform standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds and feeds of machining.
- Understanding of lean and 6S concepts, follow company policies.
- Performs routine daily maintenance and housekeeping duties.
- Can do attitude is a must , willing to learn and improve at all times.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to chest level.
- Occasionally must lift up to 25 pounds over the head.
- Ability to hear.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties please apply online and submit resume to http://marvingroup.com/career/adp/
Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 310-674-5030.