As stadium construction continues, long time residents worry about rising rents.
The latest revision of the Inglewood rent control ordinance is as follows:
- Rent increases are capped to 3% or the consumer price index, whichever is higher.
- This cap can be raised to 5%, if the rental unit is below 80% of fair market value, currently $1214 for a single bedroom and $1565 for a two bedroom unit.
- Rent increases of more than 3% can also be done if more than $10000 has been spent on improvements by property owners
- Single-family homes, condos, duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes are exempt from the rent cap, except in cases where the property is owned by an LLC or real estate investment trust.
- Provides protections against residents being evicted in cases where the tenant has done nothing wrong.